Friday, April 25, 2008

Exponential 08

Pastor Bobby and I returned last night from the Exponential Conference in Orlando, Florida. The weather was incredible (sunny and 85) and the conference was even better.

The focus of Exponential is on church planting. The conference really reaffirmed the importance of what Living Hope Church did a year and a half ago. Living Hope went multi-site, extending into the community of Rice.

I learned that churches of 200 or less are four times more likely to plant a church than churches of 1,000.

God really challenged me in the area of intentional investment in the lives of others, growing mature Christians who reproduce the process of discipleship in someone else.

Focus on building people, not the church. God will build the church.

I realize that it is time to develop a systematic process that allows attenders of Living Hope to progress in their walk with God, enabling them to become more like Jesus.

I have pages and pages of notes but I will not put them all here. I will however leak them out from time to time as I refocus my ministry and my call.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Thanks for putting the link to the conference. They have some nice itune downloads from some of the speakers. Can't wait to listen to them. Also I noticed that the church sermon again was from the second service. Which is ok. Since it was different from the first. A person gets a little bit more that way.