Friday, April 11, 2008

Snow Days

I love snow days, I just prefer that they not be in April. I woke up to a foot of snow and another 4-6 inches on the way. The positive-my family desperately needs a fun day together. Life has been a little busy lately. The negative-golf is on hold, at least for a little while.

This day actually reminds me of the snow storm Little Falls experienced on October 31, 1991. At the time, I was the Youth Pastor at Living Hope and we were taking the youth to the Whiteheart concert in St. Cloud. As we drove down in the church van, we passed several vehicles in the ditch. By the time we arrived in St. Cloud, we found ourselves to be among a small handful of people who made it. Whiteheart sang a couple of songs and then said. "We're out of here". As I look back on that night I wonder, "What was I thinking". It was a scary ride home. The really stupid thing about it is that Darla was only two weeks away from giving birth to our first child. Hey, she really liked Whiteheart. The reason this storm reminds me of that is because last night my daughter Kelsey went to St. Cloud to hear the Newsboys in concert. She made it back to Little Falls but spent the night at her friends. It sounds like it was a tough ride back.

Well, I need to go. Time to play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Ah, Minnesota! :)

Also reminds me of a big storm we got April 28 (K's birthday, right?)

No snow here in Japan, just lots of rain; this weekend I plan on buying knee-high rain boots !! Enjoy the snow:)

sarah

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that we had that much snow just a few days ago. I even hit some golf balls today at the house. I hope I don't hit like that all the time. There was about 2500 crazy people at the Newsboys concert. I used to like White Heart also. Well have a wonderful week.