Saturday, May 03, 2008

Facebook

It's been a few days since I have updated my blog. I apologize. Last Friday I decided to create my facebook page. I have to admit that I thought I might be a little old for this. After all, my kids and their friends are into it. I also have to admit a fear. I wondered if I would have anyone be my friend. :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find many of MY FRIENDS also had a presence on facebook. I found missionaries that my church supports, high school classmates, my college room mate, my former Youth Pastor, several ministry colleagues, and lots of kids from Living Hope Church.

Technology is wonderful and it really can be a great help in life, but I also realize that it takes a lot of time to keep up with everything. I have this blog site, my podomatic sight where I put the audio of my sermons, www.livinghope.podomatic.com and the church website to keep up. I almost forgot, I have been editing the video of our Sunday morning services so that we can put a good video on our local access channel. Fortunately I have some people that are ready to be trained. If you have an interest, let me know.

A big reason why I do this is because of the opportunity to touch peoples lives who will not always be at a Sunday morning service. I believe that Christians need to use every opportunity to share the wonderful message of Jesus' love.

If you have facebook, will you be my friend? :)



1 comment:

Tony said...

Facebook is also a great opportunity to share faith. Internet Evangelism Day's social networking advice pages covers this.

Blessings

Tony