Friday, February 29, 2008

Tony Dungy

I just finished reading "Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy. Wow, am I inspired. This is a must read book.

I first began my admiration for Tony when he was in Minnesota, working as an assistant coach for the Vikings. I loved the fact that he was great at what he did, but was even better at who he is. He has an inspiring faith in Jesus Christ.

One year ago, he led the Indianapolis Colts to victory in Super Bowl XLI, making history as the first African American coach to win the big game.

In the book, Tony reveals to the reader his secret for why he has been successful. He shares his principles, and priorities that have kept him on the right path despite incredible personal and professional heart ache.

Tony really challenged me regarding the things in life that really matter and in regards to leading others with a "quiet strength".

Pick it up, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: