Monday, February 25, 2008

Are You Still Dreaming?

Monday through Wednesday of this week I am in St. Louis Park for our Mn District School of Ministry. As a sectional presbyter, we spend time interviewing individuals who are desiring to become Assembly of God Minister's. As the candidates were at the altar praying and the presbyters were laying hands on them, interceding for them and their ministries, my mind wondered back in time. 21 years ago, I found myself in the same place; on the verge of being credentialed with all my dreams of ministry before me.

I had such expectancy as a 22 year old. I recall the anticipation, wondering where God would send me and what He would accomplish through my ministry.

Today I asked myself, "Do you have the same anticipation today?" "Are you still dreaming like you were as a young man on the verge of ministry?"

I am happy to say that I can answer both of those questions with a big yes! I do not feel tired of ministry. I am refreshed by what I do. I actually feel like I'm just starting out. There are so many more things that God is calling me to do. I desperately want to fulfill His plan for my life. Anything less is not acceptable.

Whatever God has called you to do, I want to encourage you to not grow weary. Spend time with God so you have something to give to others.

No comments: