Monday, October 06, 2008

Never Been There

Since I have lived in Minnesota all of my life, you may fine this hard to believe. Today I am leaving to go to North Dakota, a place where I have never been. People in the church look a little confused when I tell them I've never crossed the border into North Dakota. I simply remark, "I've never had a reason to go there". Do I need a passport to get in?

I will be spending the next three days at Trinity Bible College. They are having a "Rural Ministry Symposium" of which I will have a small part. Roger Stacy, from the Mn District office has invited me and a couple other Pastor's to share about church planting in rural settings. Two key things I have come to learn about church planting (there are many more) 1. I don't have all the answers, 2. It is God's passion and He has the answers.

I look forward to rubbing shoulders with some of the other speakers. It is in settings like this that I seem to learn so much.

Pray for me that I do not get detained at the border! :)

No comments: