Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Vacation

You may have noticed that I haven't written anything for a number of days. I just arrived home from vacation. I love to take vacations with my family. We always have a great time getting away from our busy schedules and playing. This trip wasn't to Hawaii, or the North Pole. It was only two hours away. We went home for Christmas.
Our vacation playing included; ice skating, the Mall of America, board games, watching movies, reading books and sleeping in.
I have found that one of the most spiritual things I can do is rest. I can get a little cranky after a week of meetings, counseling families, and a lot of administration that comes with being a pastor.
God Himself thought it was a great idea to rest. After he created everything, the Bible tells us that on the seventh day He RESTED.
GOD BELIEVES IN REST.
Psalms 62:1 (NIV) 1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
Matthew 11:28 (NIV) 28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
You see, I wasn't kidding. Rest is spiritual.
I know you, you're a bear when you haven't slept enough or properly. You're ornery when you haven't been able to take some time off and get away. We all need rest and vacation.
Now might be a time to shut off the computer and close your eyes for a few minutes.
Now might be the time to check out a vacation deal online.
NOW is definately the time to come to the Lord and let Him give you rest!

No comments: