Friday, January 27, 2006

Renewed Strength

This morning in my time of prayer the Lord put a verse in my heart. I know the things that I'm about to share were for me, but perhaps it will encourage you.

Isaiah 40:31 (KJV) 31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Have you ever had a day, week, maybe a life :>) where you felt absolutely exhausted. Sometimes I have so many things on my plate, that I feel I have nothing left to give.

I remember a professor I had in college that had a reputation; A reputation for falling asleep. One day I sat in his office visiting with him and he fell asleep. "Wow" I thought, "am I that boring"? He did this to others also so I didn't take it personally. In fact he had a sign on his desk that read, "I'm not asleep, I'm just thinking with my eyes closed".

Whenever I'm overly tired, it always leads to irritability. I get cranky and short with those I love the most.

The Holy Spirit told me this morning that the reason I get so exhausted is because I am not waiting in the Lord's presence like I need to. What happens to me when I am not in close communication with the Lord is that I start to take on things that He never intended for me to do. I start living out my agenda instead of His.
What also takes place is that my battery drains. If I don't spend adequate time in the presence of the Lord my battery isn't recharged. When I stay in the Word, pray and worship the Lord, I am refreshed. I feel like I can mount up with wings as eagles; like I can run, and not be weary; like I can walk, and not faint.

Let me share a few other verses that remind us of God's strength in our life.

Exodus 15:2 (NIV) 2 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV) 10 Nehemiah said, "... Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Right now would be a great time to turn off the computer and take some time to be with Jesus.

No comments: