Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Stress Reduction, part 1

This week I am attending a seminar for minister's and their spouse. I come to this every year with the expectaction that my battery will be recharged and my tank re-fueled. This year my expectactions have been exceeded.

Jim Bradford, who pastors Central A/G in Springfield, MO, was called in at the last minute due to the illness of the scheduled speaker . Think of the stress this must have caused in his life. Ironically, in this mornings session he spoke about stress.

God knew I needed to hear this. It was if I was the only one in the room and he had been reading my mail.

Over the next couple of days I want to share with you a few of the points that Jim taught on.

1. WATCH FOR THE DANGER SIGNALS
  • Can't Sleep
  • Grumpy
  • Irritable
  • Paranoid
  • Physical Symptoms

2. SCHEDULE INTENTIONAL REST

  • One day in seven is God's rhythm

3. CHANGE WHAT YOU CAN BUT DON'T TRY TO CONTROL WHAT YOU CANNOT.

  • Keep the two seperate.
  • Stress reduction becomes stress management
  • Every problem in ministry is not your fault.

4. LEARN TO LAUGH AND CONSTANTLY FORGIVE.

No comments: