Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Talents

I'm a proud dad! No, My wife and I didn't just have a baby. I do have four children though, and am so proud of each of them. This past week they were able to use their talents in various Christmas programs. My eldest daughter was the main actress in our church Christmas program and our younger daughter was right there with her. They both did a great job with their lines and singing. My youngest son suprised me and my wife, when at his first grade concert, he steps to the mic and sings an awesome duet, and also performs a solo in our church Christmas concert. To top it all off, our oldest son had a band concert. He plays the saxophone, and on one of the songs performed by the jazz band, he startled us by performing a solo. He hit every note. Wow, he sounded good.

I'm so thrilled that my kids received my talents!!

For those of you who know me, you are wondering what I'm talking about. If I must confess, music is not where my talents are. My kids actually take after my wife. I could spend all day wishing I could sing like them or play an instrument as well as they do. I've come to realize that everyone has their gifts and talents. The unfortunate thing is that we usually find ourselves comparing ourselves to everyone else. We waste more time trying to be like somebody else.

God has given each of us different talents. What would happen if everyone would focus on what they can do well, and stop trying to be like the next person?

You are unique in all of creation. You are special to God! Find what you love and are gifted at and use your talents for the Lord.

No comments: