Friday, March 06, 2009

Men's Advance


In just a few hours I will be on the church bus with 20 other men, heading to Lake Geneva Christian Center for Men's Advance. This is always a great time for me to go deeper in my walk with God as well as my relationship to the men of Living Hope.

A fun thing we have done since we attended Promise Keeper's in Iowa is to have a "girlie pillow award". Usually the winners pillow is pink, has lace and a flowered print. What teen- age boy would have ever dreamed that when they became a man and were married that their pillow would look like that?

Along with the pillow award is the "snoring award". We have some guys that cause the richter scale to warn of an earthquake. I usually pack my earplugs or headphones. It does help, but if I don't get to sleep before they do it's hopeless.

My favorite part of Men's Advance is the opportunity for us men to be real. We share our struggles, heartaches, short-comings, dreams and passions. We share our hearts in a way that makes us vulnerable yet stronger.

If you have a moment, I would appreciate you praying that God would do a great work in our hearts.

No comments: