Thursday, November 06, 2008

Speed The Light

I just received this email from Mark & Janie. They are missionaries that our church supports and our youth have raised money for. Mark grew up in our church. We are so proud to claim him as one of our own.


"Janie and I just bought our new STL car, and understand that you provided part of the purchase price. Thank you so much for your continued support for us. We are so blessed to have such a solid, caring church behind us. We love and appreciate you. Please pass along our heartfelt thanks to the youth and anyone else that may have played a role in this.

We bought a Honda CRV as you can see in the picture. It will be a blessing to us and to the churches and people we serve here for a long time.

Blessings!

Mark & Janie"

I am not only proud of Mark & Janie but of our incredible youth. Under the leadership of Pastor Bobby, they have captured the heart of missions and know what it is to sacrifice to share the message of Jesus.

I watch my three kids that are a part of Motion Student Ministries here at Living Hope. I know they don't make much money, yet they continue to surprise me at what they give to Speed the Light. I pray that this attitude of giving will continue on in the lives of our young people even as they grow older and take on the financial reality of life as an adult.

No comments: