Monday, November 10, 2008

The Big Hunt?



Watch the video first, then read the results.

No, I didn't get the 20 point buck. I did however get a shot at one. I was in the middle of my morning exercise routine while in the deer stand (actually, just trying to stay warm). Suddenly I noticed two deer running through the field just over 100 yards away. I managed one shot at the buck. It didn't appear that I hit it. It started to run in a direction that may have given me another shot. Unfortunately by the time I was ready to take the second shot it was behind some trees. It crossed the road and went into the woods that I was talking about in my video.

In regards to the book, "Sinner", by Tedd Dekker, I finished it. What a great book. I love this author. Tedd really foreshadows some great, and scary, thoughts about our countries belief regarding tolerance and free speech. It really is a thought provoker. The time may soon be approaching where a Christian with a Biblical world view will not just be considered intolerant, but illegal.

It's ironic how those who are angry and hateful towards Christians do not see their hatred as being intolerant.

I do believe that we Christians have brought on some peoples hatred, not because we are acting like Jesus, but because we have not loved as Christ did. He is the perfect example of how one can love people deeply, while maintaining and encouraging others to live a holy life.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I sure thought that I was watching a real hunting video. You sure looked warm. Well hopefully you'll get a deer. Stay warm. It sure doesn't look like it's going to warm up.

Anonymous said...

In a sociology class that I took within the last few years, I had a professor that was very intolerant towards any Christian viewpoints. In fact, he would have us read select passages from the Bible, taking them out of context, expressly for the purpose of bashing Christianity. I often verbally countered him in class and was one of his least liked pupils.

The final question on his final exam asked us what was the most important thing we took away from this class. We were instructed that any answer would be excepted and that a failure to answer would be a failure for a final grade.

I wrote that the most important thing that I learned was that those who cried "Tolerance!" the loudest, were often the least tolerant of all.
~Roxane