Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I trust all of you moms had a great Mother's Day yesterday. My family sure had a good time. After church we went home and I grilled some steaks. We had a great meal and were actually able to eat outside on our deck. After lunch we decided to pack up our golf clubs and go to the driving range. My family almost took up the whole length of the driving range. Darla is going to be in the ladies golf league this year so we thought she should get some practicing in. I am so proud of her. Darla's gifts have always been in the music arena. Sports like golf is something that she didn't start until a few years ago. When she puts it all together she can really hit the ball. I still haven't figured out how to have everything working together to consistently hit that great shot.

One of the gifts I gave Darla for mother's day was an ipod. Since a big part of her life is music I felt it was time for her to catch up with the times. It's amazing how many cd's you can fit on that thing. What's nice is the background accompaniment songs that she can now have wherever she goes. If we are ever in Nashville, she can be a part of the Grand Ole' Opry on the spur of the moment. Perhaps if we run into Simon, she could end up as the next American Idol. At the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre she may get the leading part. (Well, you get the idea)

Again, I hope that all of you moms had a great day yesterday. There is no way that you can ever be appreciated enough for all that you do. Thank you!

No comments: