Thursday, June 08, 2006

Garage Sales

Today my family is having a garage sale. WOW, Is that a lot of work.

We have spent the last couple of weeks going through every room, looking for the items that no longer fit (quit laughing), are played with (Remember Woody from Toy Story), or used. It is amazing the amount of things that you accumulate. These things that we just can't live without are now sitting on a table with a .25 cent sticker on them.

I have found that having a garage sale can be a very emotional time. There are many items that bring me back to a specific moment in my life. My first set of golf clubs, the bike that all of my kids learn to ride on, the stereo equipment that I just had to have, my ski equipment that brought years of exciting mogel runs and black diamond hills. With every thing that sells, there is a part of my past that I am reliving. A part of my life that I sometimes wish I could have back.

I also find that in having a garage sale, I realize that most of us in our society have too much stuff. The Bible is so true with it's statement that we should learn to be content with what we have. Do you and I buy things out of boardem, greed, want. There are so many things that I could have lived without. How much more could I have given to the Lord.

With all that in mind, I hope when it comes to the end of the day that there is nothing left! WOW would that make my day.

Happy Garage Saling!

No comments: