Saturday, December 17, 2005

Shop 'til You Drop

Yesterday my wife and I finished up our Christmas shopping. The saying, "shop 'til you drop" has a whole new meaning to me. It's not because I was exhausted by the end of the day, but because of something I witnessed, twice.
A couple of days ago central Minnesota had about 7-8 inches of snow. Parking lots are slushy and floors are like wading pools around here.
In two different stores I witnessed an elderly person hit a wet spot on the floor and start to slip. Fortunately they were both able to catch themselves before hitting the floor. I never thought of "Shop 'til you drop" like that before.

Life often has a few slick spots along the way. We are walking along and suddenly, wham, we are hit with the unexpected. Someone calls with bad news. You have an important meeting and five minutes before, influenza hits. I'm sure you can think of several occasions when the unexpected has caught you off guard.

I want to share with you my LIFE VERSE. It sure helps me when the unexpected occurs.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments: