Monday, September 24, 2007

The Barbarian Way

This morning at about 8:30 I grabbed a book and drove to the newest restaurant in Little Falls. Pizza Ranch was offering a large pizza, once a month, for a year, to the first 50 people in line. With four kids who love pizza, this was an offer I had to get it on. When I arrived there were about 20 people in line. YES! I called my staff and one of them was also able to get there. We had a brief staff meeting in line and then continued it over lunch. By the way, the book I was reading, and nearly finished, is called "The Barbarian Way", by Erwin McManus. Erwin serves as lead pastor of Mosaic, in Los Angeles.

"The Barbarian Way" is a challenge to "return to the ancient, primal, and dangerous faith of Jesus and His early disciples. Let go of a sanitized Christianity and get back to the powerful, raw, and ancient faith that chooses revolution over compromise, peril over safety, and passion over lukewarm and watered-down religion."

I have 40 pages to go and I am anxious to devour them all. I love a book that you can't put down and that challenges me to move out of the status quo.

No comments: