Friday, March 23, 2007

Present with the Lord

Today I officiated the funeral of a very special lady. She had been attending the church I pastor for many years when I started in 1991. As a Pastor, a funeral is one of the most rewarding things I do and yet one of the saddest. I get attached to the people I am called to care for. They mean the world to me. I was there at the funeral of her husband in 1993. Since that time we have been able to have countless conversations together. We've been able to share joys and sorrows. I miss her and yet I am so excited as I think about where she is now.

I know that she was rejoicing along with the angels of heaven when 10 people attending her funeral raised their hands to give their life to Christ.

Funerals are a time of reflection for all of us. Priorities come into focus, relationships are renewed and hearts are recommitted to God. Let me encourage you right now to reflect upon your life. Don't wait for the next funeral or tragedy in your life. Refocus now and live life without any regrets.

No comments: