Monday, March 19, 2007

Never Give Up!

Tonight I went to my Daughter's Jazz band concert. The concert consisted of three different bands; 6th grade, 7-8th grade and high school. As I sat there listening to the incredible talent of these young people, I was transported back in time to when I was in the fifth grade. I use to play the trumpet. To be honest, I only lasted about a year and then I quit. I was afraid of the Band director. I know, pretty lame. Of course I sat there tonight thinking, "If only I would have kept it up. If only I would have never given up".

Most of us have regrets in life, things we wish we would have done different. Times we quit, and now we dream of an invention that would turn back the clock and give us another opportunity. Some times we get another opportunity to correct some of our bad decisions, but other times we must simply learn from them and be more determined than ever to NEVER GIVE UP!

No comments: