Saturday, September 12, 2009

Outrageous Joy!


Last Wednesday at Living Hope Church we started a brand new series called "Outrageous Joy". The idea of this series started because of where I was at in life. I tend to be a very positive, happy, laugh a lot kind of person. The last few months things have happened that have robbed joy from my life. I can't even put a finger on what those things all are. Just life.

I came to a point where I thought, this is enough. Ministry should not drain me of joy. Life should not bring me down. I have Jesus Christ in my heart, an awesome family and serve a great church. What's going on?

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this fall series, because I need it!

Last week I gave everyone an assignment. Throughout the week they are to look for and jot down the things that occur that make them laugh or put a smile on their face. Come back on Wednesday prepared to share, even if it is embarrassing to them. We promised not to laugh at them but with them.

How about you?
Are you looking at the glass half full or half empty? Does how you feel about life depend on the events of the day or upon things that change? The Apostle Paul was a person that experienced unbelievable trials and still continued to walk in the joy of the Lord.

I hope you can join us for this fun series as we look at Paul's life and his letter to the church in Phillippi.

Let's reclaim that "Outrageous Joy"!

No comments: