Friday, October 06, 2006

Emerging Leaders

This past week I had an opportunity to go on a road trip with 40 other "young" pastors from Minnesota. Believe me when I say, "I just qualify". We went to Naperville, Ill. to meet with A/G Supt. Trask. The forum was to discuss the topic of "Young Emerging Pastors". I will not go into the details of what was said and what was accomplished, but I do want to share one thought with you about what I realized.

As I approach the age of 42 next week, I realized now more than ever how much I need young thinking around me. I need to learn from a culture that thinks different than I do in order to minister to them. There is such a passion in their hearts to reach their age group and the way they do that is different than how I would try and reach someone who is 40+. It was a great bus trip with plenty of opportunity for me to learn from younger guys. Hopefully as the really young and the not so young discussed ideas, the young were able to capture the wisdom of those who have gone before them and apply what they can to the methods that are used to reach the next generation.

No comments: